Saturday, July 5, 2008

July Sketch


I took a lot of great pictures yesterday on the Independence Day holiday and I wanted a way to scrap them all quickly, with a few simple comments, on a bold page. So, I came up with this sketch. Basically you create a favorite things page. This one happens to have 10 pictures. My idea is to have a bold title in the middle that tells you exactly what ties all of these things together. Then on each picture you write a few words about what makes that pictures so special. I love making pages like this because they can work for so many themes. It could be your favorite things around the house, your favorite things about last Christmas, your favorite places to visit. You can mix and match pictures from any time and any place as long as they fit that one common theme. You can even omit pictures if you want to add a journaling block or embellishments instead. One key thing to keep in mind is the space in between each picture. If you can, make it all the about the same. And if you don't have that skill for math and details, just tilt your pictures and then it doesn't matter.

No comments: