During the week, the only chores we keep up on around the house are cooking, the dishes, and the trash. Because of this I am left a nice chunk of time when Betty is napping and that is when I do my blogging and scrapbooking. On Saturday Steve and I work together to do the laundry, clean the floors and bathrooms, and anything else that needs done. We try to keep things tidy on a daily basis, but if something is out of place I don't worry about it. I have a young child at home, I know my house isn't going to look perfect. If we go out and Betty's toys are all over the floor it doesn't matter to me because they'll get put away when she goes to bed anyway.
I feel that this system allows me to have my time to persue my hobby and let my family enjoy their time with me.
Ronni also wanted to know about organization. I have written a couple post about this before (if you click HERE you can read them), but she also wanted to know about hidden storage. This is something I don't have to deal with (and I don't think I could with all the stuff I have!), but I know there are some really cool ideas out there for storing your things discreetly.

The Scrapbox sums up most of these ideas. It is amoire that looks like a nice piece of furniture, but when open has a dropdown desk and tons of storage compartments for all of your supplies. They also half a half version called the Minibox that looks like a kitchen island. They are a little on the spendy side, but if you know someone who is a carpenter then you can have one made that meets your spefifications. Scrapbox also sells the canvas totes separately, so if you do have one made, or are even just using a closet with shelving they might be a good option to buy (they come with the Scrapbox and Minibox). They work out to just $2 each which is a prety good deal for that type of thing. If you Google "scrapbook furniture" and then click the link for the shopping it comes up with you can get some great ideas for what type of furniture would work for you.
If a piece of furniture is not an option though, I suggest just finding/making a spare closet your scrap storage space. You don't need the whole closet, but you will need some sort of shelves in it. Cropper Hopper makes great storage solutions for scrapbook supplies. I use a lot of their vertical storage system to store my paper and cardstock. I use The Embelishment organizer and fiber cards to store my ribbon/my embelishment organizer is clear, and I like that because I can see through it to my ribbons. They also have different ribbon boxes HERE. And if you have some, but not a ton of ribbon I think the ribbon ring is a cool idea and it looks pretty.
Ronni, (and anyone else) I hope this answers your questions. If you have any more, just ask me.

1 comment:
Thanks Emma! I am going to have David take a look at the mini and see if he can make it. You have a great husband he sounds very helpful!
Ronni
Post a Comment