As many of you fellow scrapbookers might know, on New Year's Day there was quiet a fiasco over at the Creating Keepsakes website over their January Kit of the Month, the Project 365. The web site crashed, many people were left without a kit, some people accidentally ordered more than one kit... as someone who was trying to get their kit, I was right in the middle of the maheim. I was one of the lucky ones who came out with just what I ordered, but I have some other ideas for those of you who didn't get a kit or want to try something new, or who have never heard of the 365 project and want to give it a try.
I have put a slide show up on the sidebar of this blog and each week I'll update it with my pictures. If all goes well, come December 28 I'll have 365 pictures going across the screen. YEP, I said December 28; you see, I wanted to start my project on a Monday, so I started on the 29 since it was the Monday of the week of the New Year. But you can start this project at anytime, all you have to do is document your year in pictures, one picture a day, for a whole 365 days.
These couple other ideas come from Ali Edwards' Designer Digital scrapbook elements. The first are just some overlays with the days of the week. I think these are a great way to add that little extra design element to your project and they will take the place of the stickers that come in the CK Kit of the Month if you don't get one of those. And you can use THESE page protectors from Close to My Heart to store all your daily photos. You could set it up like the CK kit by creating your own "week of" card (maybe use the month template from Ali's overlays) and then put your 7 daily pictures in the top slots and use the bottom 2 on each page for your weekly journaling. It is going to take a little more work on your part, but it will be a more personalized album than the kit would be.
The Share and Tell program from Pebbles Inc. would also be a great alternative and it has journal card packs to choose from.
The second is a 2009 Photo Calendar Template. This allows you to add a photo a day to each day slot of the calendar template she has created. I think this is an awesome idea, and at the end of the year you would have this great calendar of memories to look through. Using PSE you could add text over a block of pictures to signify a vacation, or important event. And because it is a template you can put digital patterned paper behind it allong with different digital or real embelishments to really make it your own.
I think project 365 is such a fun idea and I hope that there are many of you out there who are trying it too. Good Luck!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hi Emma,
I found you via comment on Becky H's blog . . . I was inspired to do what you did with your Project 365 Photobucket slideshow on my blog (nice!), but I can't get it to work. I have searched for help but can't seem to get it. Do you have a "how to" link for that slideshow? When I add a new Gadget, and then choose slideshow and Photobucket, I don't see a URL spot in there anywhere! Can you help me?
(Also, do you have to upload the Gadget new everytime you add photos to your album, or is it automatic?) Thanks so much!!!
www.ourhereandnow.blogspot.com
special_offers@comcast.net
A fellow scrapper,
michelle
woah, think I got it! Sorry to bother you . . . but I am still wondering about the updates. Will it automatically update when I add new pics to photobucket? Thanks =) Like your blog!!!
Hey Emma,
I just wanted to say how great i think this blog is. You have lots of good ideas and everything you do is really cute. Where do you find the time to do this and keep it all organized? We are moving soon and our home is small so I need some organizing ideas. Will you give me some ideas for paper, ribbon and other scrap stuff. I can't stand to see it and neither can Dave so any good ideas would be great!
Thanks
Ronni
Post a Comment