Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Making the Most of Your Letters

Do you ever run out of sticker letters are you are creating a title for a scrapbook page or project? Here are some tips to make the most out of what you have left over.

  • Turn Q to O by cutting off the line
  • Use Z for N by turning is sideways
  • Turn X to Y by cutting off one of the legs
  • Use 3 for E by flipping it around
  • Use W for M or vice versa by turning it upside down.
  • A 4 can be cut into a T
  • A 1 can become an L (lower case)
  • lower case G, D, B, P, Q can be cut into an "a" or an "o"
  • An 8 can be cut down into a lower case 'o'
  • Cursive font lowercase 'z' can become an 'e'
  • The curves can be cut off an uppercase B to become an E
  • An 8 can be cut into an s
  • An F can be cut and reattached for a T
Also, here are a couple more of the projects I have done for the Scrap-It-Forward Game over at Personal Scrapper.com

This first picture is for a challenge I put up where you had to use an alphabet stamp for something other than writing. I used the O to make the large circle going around the page. Also on this page I used a 4 to make my T for the twirling title. Also notice how the 1s aren't all the same- this is because I ran out and had to use the lower case Ls.



This page was made for a numbers challenge. I had to use 1 piece of patterned paper, 2 circles (which I sewed) 3 brads, 4 rub-ons, and 5 fibers/ribbons (2 of these were used for the sewn circles).

3 comments:

Buckanator said...

I would have never noticed that you've exchanged the letters for numbers! Cute pages.

Andrea said...

Hi Emma,
I wanted to let you know I'm going to be offering another set of Scarlet Lime list takers, please e-mail me at knittybitties (at) gmail (dot) com if you'd like me to reserve a listing for you. The new fabric palette is up on my blog. Thanks!

-Andrea, Knitty Bitties

John said...

Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures. Wow...

I like your blog.
Please visit:

http://heaven-view.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Have a great time.