2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking ones)
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup coconut
2 TBS honey
1 TBS vegetable oil
Optional: dried cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, other dried fruit, other nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix oats, almonds, and coconut together in a big glass bowl. (Stir this around before the next step so it is already mixed up and you won't have clumps of just one ingredient).
- Add honey and oil. Stir really hard.
- Add optional ingredients if you like.
- Spray a metal sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Spread oat mixture onto pan in an even layer.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and you can smell the almonds. The first time you make this I would check on it every minute from minutes 15 on. Nuts can turn very quickly from perfect to burned it not checked often.
- Once out of the oven pour granola immediately back into the glass bowl. Stir it every few minutes until cooled and ready for an air tight container. You do not want to leave it in the sheet pan because if it cools in there you will be scraping it out and that is hard work.

2 comments:
Emma, I found your blog through your profile (on a comment on Alanna's blog). I didn't know you went to culinary school! I will definitely be checking back for new recipes :)
Yummy!! I can't believe I never noticed this blog before! This recipe looks so easy too, and what a great pregnancy snack!
Post a Comment