Saturday, November 20, 2010

Soft Pretzels



I don't usually get pregnancy cravings, but when I saw a contestant on Top Chef Just Desserts make some soft pretzels, I was thinking about them for days.  So I went looking for a recipe and found one by one of my trusted go-to chefs, Alton Brown.  They turned out delicious, although, not super pretty (thanks to my sub-par dough rolling skills).  The parchment paper brushed with oil gives them an amazing crunchy underside, but they are still soft and chewy on the inside.  Very yummy and worth the time to make.


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/homemade-soft-pretzels-recipe/index.html

I would suggest dividing the dough into 10 instead of the recommended 8, but still rolling it out to the 24 inches.  As you can see, my pretzel is rather thick and that isn't how I like them.

2 comments:

Jaime @ I'm a Mom not a Professional said...

I'm just discovering all kinds of wonderful things about you today. Glad I found this blog too!

Story Family said...

So happy to have found your food blog, and delighted to see your post on pretzels. I made a batch on Halloween and were delicious! I needed to have covered them as I went along, but so good!