Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Decorating

I know, it is before Thanksgiving, but I just feel the need to make my house festive with Christmas decor.  I love Christmastime and all the magic it brings, and I want that magic in my house now.

Here are a couple of projects I did last week.  The first is a Christmas banner.  We have an archway between our dinning room and living room and it is my goal to have made a banner for every month or holiday so that this space has a banner every day of the year.  This one took me 2 hours.  I was inspired by my scrapping friend Mel, who has made some amazing banner this year (Check her out!)

This project is just some canvas panels, painted silver, and then I glued  "We wish you a merry Christmas"  on the panels.  Letting the paint dry is what took the longest time with this project.

5 comments:

CK Black Family said...

LOVE these! I want a banner like yours - looks like I'll be rummaging through scrapbook paper today! Thanks for the ideas!

Jaime @ I'm a Mom not a Professional said...

How did I not know about this blog!! I love it! I can't wait to check out all your fun ideas.

Lindsey said...

Your banner is adorable but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the canvas!! Amazing Emma!!

The Bell Family said...

Emma, I loved the canvas ones! I think I might need to do these to add to my decorations! SO CUTE!

Melanie said...

Your banner is fantastic, Emma!

Thanks for the shout-out :)

Those canvases rock--they totally look like metal. You have been pretty crafty.