Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New use for your garlic press


About a week ago I saw The Wean Machine, a snazzy little gadget to prep homemade baby food.  I think it is such a wonderful invention; probably the best thing to happen to homemade baby food since the Magic Bullet.  To me though, it looks just like a large garlic press.  So I decided to see how my garlic press would work in this situation- and for the bananas and strawberries I have done it is great!  It is messy, but it produces a consistancy that it easier for my little guy to eat than if I squished the fruit with a fork, and it isn't as pasty as it would be if I had put in through a food processor.  And I also can do just really small amounts. 
I think I may still order the Wean Machine because I like the interchangeable plates and it looks like it has a bigger capacity than my garlic press, but at least now I know that my little guy likes his food processed this way.

No comments: