My friend Liz asked for a pizza dough recipe- I hope I am not too late in posting this one.
I love it, the dough is easy to work with, it tastes great, and can be used for other things besides pizza.
1 package of yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
2 TBS good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 TBS honey
2/3 cup war, water
2 cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 425 F for one pizza or 375 for pizza flowers
Put the warm water, yeast, olive oil, and honey in the bowl of your KitchenAid and let the yeast react and get a little bubbly.
Add the flour and salt.
Use your dough hook to knead for about 4 minutes until all incorporated and smooth. You want the dough to not be too sticky (a little tact is ok and will work out in the next step) if it is, add more flour 1 TBS at a time.
Knead 10 more times by hand on a lightly floured kitchen counter and make into a ball shape. You want the dough to be soft and elastic, but not dry or too sticky.
Drizzle some olive oil around the sides of a large glass mixing bowl. Roll the dough in it so it is covered with a little oil on all sides and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean dish towel.
Let the dough rise for 30 minutes +, until it is double in size. (During the summer this only takes me the 30 minutes. In the winter with the dryer, cooler air it can take up to 55 minutes. Just keep an eye on it after 30)
Roll out your dough and put on your favorite toppings. Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes depending on the size of the pizza you make and the thickness of the crust. I use the Pampered Chef Large Round stone and like my cheese on the brown side so I cook ours for 25 minutes.
My daughter is a picky eater so I make Pizza Flowers for her. Here is what I do.
I take the risen dough and divide it in half.
Roll that half out and top with sauce and cheese. (You could add other toppings here, but I would chop them up into bite-size pieces so it rolls easier).
I roll this up into a log and then cut into 1 inch sections.
I spray a mini muffin pan with Pam for Baking (one of my favorite cooking inventions ever) and put a roll in each spot.
Bake at 370 F for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and the dough is golden.
Pop them out (a spoon works best) and repeat the steps with the other half of the dough.
Let them cool about 5 minutes or more before serving.
My little gal with eat 5 or 6 (you make about 48 in a batch) which is more than I could get her to eat of plain pizza.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What a great idea!
I totally stole this idea and used it for our Valentine Dinner tonight. Flowers are Valentine-y, right? I was thinking heart shaped pizza, but I can barely get pizza dough into a circle, let alone a heart. And, I had to cheat and stopped at Trader Joe's for pizza dough on the way home from the doctor. But I'm definitely trying your pizza dough recipe soon.
sweet, thanks Emma!!!!!
woo-hoo! pizza's in the oven - can't wait to taste it! thanks for the recipe! :)
Post a Comment