Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 2- Advent Ornaments


I love an advent calendar. I always had a store bought one growing up, and then I remember my mom buying one that looked like a chimney with 25 drawers and each day I would find a little trinket in it. I love the excitement that comes with counting down the days to Christmas. And that is why I love this project. Advent ornaments. Hang them on your tree, hide them around the house. I made these as little pockets, and slipped daily activities into each one. But you could make flat ornaments out of paper or wood with the daily activity on the back. Use only gift tags, or old Christmas cards, or even old holiday pictures. I love the idea of not just getting a treat, but actually doing something holiday related each day. We have activities like: bake a treat for a neighbor, make a new holiday music play list and listen to it all day, write down your 10 favorite things from the past year, watch A Christmas Story, read a Christmas book... make a list of whatever you like to help get you into a joyous holiday spirit.

I also wanted to share with you a picture of my advent calendar from last year. I am still going to hang it up this year, but I am going to make some changes first. I got the idea HERE from Ali Edwards. She is also my project inspiration. She always makes, and shares, so many great holiday crafts and that is why I am doing these 25 days of crafts.


No comments: