Monday, November 3, 2008

Personal Scrapper

OK, so I have belonged to a few scrapbook clubs over the years, and I have canceled my subscription with all of them except for one... Personal Scrapper.com

I know that some of my readers have seen me mention them a time or two, but today I want to share with you why they rock.
  1. The kits are packed with a ton of products you can use! OK, so one problem I had with a couple of the kit clubs I have belonged to is that they send out really weird product. Now, I am all for being creative, but I would rather someone show me what to do with an old vinyl LP rather than include it in a scrapbook kit.
  2. The message board is always active; whether it is an online crop, a sketch competition, or just a getting to know you game. I have made some great friends on this message board. I received cards and presents from members and the owner when Betty was born.
  3. They don't charge shipping and handling. I have no idea how they do it, but you only get charged $25 flat. They are based out of Oregon, so there is no sales tax either. Just $25!
  4. Erica, the owner cares about her customers. Due to the increase in shipping costs over the last few years Erica did have plans to raise the cost of the kits. But today she announced that she know that times are tough for us too, and so for now, the cost is staying at $25.
  5. Erica is also super generous. There is an online crop or competition or challenge every month and with all of that there are winners, and Erica sends out prizes along with the kits.
  6. Each month's kit includes an idea sheet and a newsletter with a list of your products. A lot of scrapbook clubs have an online gallery where you can look at their design team's creations... but unless your computer is right next to where you scrap this doesn't so you any good. Personal Scrapper includes a sheet filled with 10+ ideas of things to do with the current kit, and then there is a gallery online too. It makes scrapping so easy.
  7. A lot of the product in the kits, Erica gets before they hit most scrapbook stores!
So, why am I writing all of this. Well, today when Erica announced that she wasn't going to raise the price of the kit yet I was just floored by her generosity. I have been a member of this kit club for over 2 years now, and have never been disapointed. So I wanted to help raise awareness of this great kit club and hopefully a few of my readers out there will sign up to. I really don't think you could purchase all the products we get for $25 at you local scrapbook store... not to mention the time and gas that it would take to get there. So please go and check out Personal Scrapper. Look in on the forums. I promise you won't be dissappointed.

OK, and as an added bonus. During the month of October Personal Scrapper hosted a layout a day challenge. I finished it with 31 projects completed by the end of the month. Here is a slide show of some of my work.


3 comments:

AmyInKy said...

Great post, Emma! :)

sl.newell said...

You are actually the one who got me to use a kit club in the first place and I agree that Personal scrapper is the best I have found. I loved the pics of your projects; you have great layouts! :)

Erica said...

Wow Emma! Not sure how I missed this! Thank You! You have been one of our longtime members and it has been awesome getting to know you better through the message board. I still remember when you told us all you were pregnant :) People like you are why I love my job!