Thursday, August 25, 2011

Zucchini and Squash

I have had an abundance of zucchini and squash in my garden this year.  This is our first year doing a garden, so any vegetable would have been welcome, but the zucchini and squash grew out of their box and are spreading across the lawn. I haven't had so much zucchini and squash before in my life so I had to get creative with where it all went. 

Here are a few of the things I did with it;
  • add small diced zucchini and squash to my regular chilli recipe. 
  • sauted with bacon and pine nuts and tossed with pasta
  • zucchini pancakes (Check out recipe HERE)
  • zucchini gratin (recipe HERE)
  • added finely shredded zucchini and squash to the kids quesodillas and to my husbands omelets
  • you can make ratatoulli
  • roasted zucchini and squash that was coated in egg whites and then tossed in a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning
The list could go on and on.
What is your favorite way to cook with zucchini and squash?

1 comment:

Jaime @ I'm a Mom not a Professional said...

I love making zucchini pancakes!! I also add them to our pizza or just grilled with some parm. cheese. We have only gotten 2 zucchini this year, so so sad! Glad you're enjoying yours.