Friday, February 8, 2008

Photo Printers- ? of the day

OK, so I haven't posted anything in a while because I am waiting for photos to arrive from an online printing place (they were shipped 4 days ago). I always get frustrated when I have to wait for my pictures. The reason I order online is that I like matte finished pictures and only 1 place in town does matte, and I can't order from this store's online site because 1) it takes too long, 2) I can't specify matte and because they also do glossy I have this fear of getting back all glossy and 3) they only do matte in 4x6. I have gone to this store to order pictures, but then I have glossy 5x7s and I have to find something to do for at least an hour before picking them up... and because it is a 20 minute drive there I don't really want to go home.

SO
, this brings me to my question for today. Those of you who have photo printers, please leave a comment telling me what you have, what sizes it prints, and if it does matte pictures. I am currently leaning towards the Kodak EasyShare 5100 or 5300 because they use the pigment ink which is supposed to be longer lasting than regular ink. Anyway, let me know what you have. THANKS!



2 comments:

Kell said...

I have an HP photo printer. I rarely print photos with it. It's much more cost effective to upload my pics and have them printed. I usually upload them to Walmart.com and then I can pick them up at the local store in an hour.

jeknurse said...

I have the kodak easyshare 500 that only prints 4x6. I really love it. It is compact and I even take it to crops, take and print pictures on the fly. I also have an HP C5180. It prints any size up to 8x10. You can tell it any size not just standard sizes. I also like the photo editing software with it. I use it more than anything. I think the pictures are very nice. Alot of the photos in my posted lo are from that printer. Hope this helps. Jackie (jeknurse)