Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 4- Christmas idea book

If you are anything like me, you probably get a few magazines each month, and you love them this time of year because they give you great ideas for holiday crafts, food, decorating, and many more things that you would love to try. But also, if you are like me, those magazines get looked at the month before when they arrive at your home, set aside, and you forget about some of the things you wanted to try. That is why for the past 2 years I have created a little idea book to keep with me and help me remember the ideas I had. It is just 3x4 inches, has only 20 pages of regular printer paper inside, and I used my tab punch to create dividers for each category that worked for me.
This year's categories include: easy ornaments for kids to make, things to do for a White Elephant party I am organizing for church, ideas for the family's Christmas photo and card, decorating ideas I like, things I want to do this holiday season with my family to help create traditions, layout ideas for my scrapbooks, and my list of crafts for this blog.

I know, that is a lot of things to put in such a small book, but they all fit! It only took me 10 minutes to make the book (it is stapled together at the center), and it will provide such a nice organizations place for all of my holiday ideas all month long.

This was my book from last year. It was also a monthly calendar, and that was nice, but it was just too big to always have with me and that is why I made a much smaller one this year.

No comments: