Every year as I get my scrapbooking magazines I see all of these cute pages of cute families doing cute traditions. We haven't even had a Christmas tree yet in our 6 Christmases we have spent together. So this year, since our daughter will be old enough to unwrap her presents (I hope!), we have decided to do some activities and start making our own holiday traditions. I wrote down a lot of the ideas we have and then some of the things I saw in the magazine to help give me a list of layouts I want to try. I probably won't do half of these, but the ideas are there, and they are written down in my idea book so that next year I won't look in the magazines and think that another year went by where I missed something.
- Holiday Decor inside and outside your home.
- How your neighbors decorate
- Holdiay food
- Christmas parties
- Holiday sounds/ the music you love to listen to
- You holiday card and/or letter
- Christmas pajamas
- The Christmas card photo shoot
- Our first Christmas tree
- Our ornaments
- Christmas wreaths
- Pictures with Santa
- Decorating (the event instead of the finished product)
- The mess after unwrapping the presents
- Kids coming down the stairs (or into the room) Christmas morning
- A countdown calendar of the things you do leading up to Christmas
I hope this list helps give all of you some ideas too.
One thing I have done the past 2 years is create a mini album that when closed I tie up like a present. Here are pictures of the past two years, and I already have mine made for this year!



2 comments:
Love the mini album - especially how they fold up and look like a present. Very cool!
cute ideas Emma! You are super creative. I especially loved you Santa and elves silhouettes!!
Post a Comment