
Do you ever look through the Pottery Barn or Garnet Hill catalogs that come this time of year and wish that you owned those beautiful stockings they sell? I do. But I refuse to buy them while my family is still growing. So this year I have decided to make some quick and easy stockings. And if next year I want something different, I can make that too. So as I was packing up my 25 pairs of pajamas for our move I realized that 1) I rarely wear my pajama tops, instead opting for a t-shirt because I hate sleeping on the buttons. And 2) I out grew a few of these pajamas some years ago. So for day 9 I made my family Christmas stockings out of our old pajamas. They don't all match in fabric, but the styling is the same as is the character.
I found a free pattern by designer Amy Butler here. It was easy to put together. I didn't follow the pattern directions exactly; instead I used the collar and/or cuffs to create the finished edge at the top of the stocking.
Now don't look too carefully at the picture, mine are not perfect. I don't strive for perfection in my crafts. I just try to make fun things that my family will love (and luckily they don't care about perfection!)

No comments:
Post a Comment